A fitness Blog for Health, Fitness and Beauty. Share the details to Stay Fit, Look Good and Stay healthy. Join Us
May 22, 2011
Ways to Lose Weight
If you are thinking about losing weight, then set your mind to a permanent one that will get in line with your daily routine and life activities. Statistics say that 99% of the diets that involve suddenly not eating or eating in very poor amounts fail! Of the 1% that actually do lose weight, many later gain the weight back and a few pounds extra too! A lot of unhealthy weight loss programs are being advertised for these days that promise quick weight loss, but they end up making you crave for more sugar, fats, and salt instead of giving you an adequate amount of each that your body actually needs!
So, if you have put your mind to losing weight, you will need to be consuming less calories and burning a lot of calories too. This is one of the key factors to a successfully managed weight loss plan.
We will now discuss the five most outstanding weight loss strategies that do not actually need a lot of effort and time from you:
Lose Weight Tips
1. Eating can be a skill! How? Eating habits can contribute in your gaining of weight or your ability to lose weight. Once you know how to eat, then almost 50% of the problem is already solved. How many times do you come from work starved and suddenly eat a 1,500 calorie burger? Quite often! These are the kind of habits that get people to put on weight since they put their bodies through sudden starvation shock and later eat huge amounts of food. Your body will then hoard what it can just in case of future starvation. Eating in smaller portions and several times a day will NOT get your fatter. In fact, it will help you stay balanced. Mind you, the food that you need to eat between main meals can be pretzels, a fruit, some vegetables, or an oil free salad.
2. Stay away from the junk and make sure that you have healthy food around you. Avoid sweets, chocolate, and alcohol which are composed of simple sugars that are quickly absorbed by your body and stored too. You can have an occasional cookie or biscuit, just do not have the entire box; you would be talking about something like 1,500 cal of snacks. Did you know that your grocery shopping can also have a huge effect? Well, if you have cucumbers, carrots, and fruits readily available at home or with you in a snack box at work, you will probably not go around looking for some junk food to grab.
3. Keep yourself busy! You have just come back from work and you have nothing to do. Do not head to the kitchen though it might be very tempting for you. Go out for a jog. Visit some friends. Clean around the house. Keeping yourself busy (in times that you might think of food) can actually help you burn calories.
4. Do not miss breakfast! You woke up late today and you ran to work without any breakfast. This habit actually helps you gain weight and not lose weight. While many think that skipping a meal can be helpful, breakfast in particular is very essential. It simply plans out the day for you. Start out hungry and you will end up with bigger unhealthy meals. Start up on a full healthy stomach and you might end up with little light snacks. Moreover, you need to remember not to deny yourself certain foods, as it’ll make you want them more. You can eat things you crave but in moderation and not very often.
5. Try to do some activities every once in a while. Walk, clean, jog, head to the gym or even challenge your friends to a game of pool. Simply be more active! If you are a parent, you might even want to spend some time with your kids kicking a football or shooting some hoops.
Organizing your life routine and diet can be simple once you set your mind to it. Those simple guidelines will hopefully help you know your way through the diet.