Muscles Used: Pectoralis Major (“Pecs” or Chest)
Equipment Needed: Weights
- Stand up straight, with knees slightly bent.
- Place feet hip distance apart.
- Make sure toes are pointing forward.
- Hold weights at shoulder height with palms facing forward and elbows bent to form a 90-degree angle (starting position). (see photo A)
- Exhale (breathe out) as you evenly and slowly move arms together. Keep elbows bent at a 90-degree angle until elbows and forearms meet in front of your face and chest. Now palms are facing each other. (see photo B)
- Inhale (breathe in) as you evenly and slowly move both arms back to starting position.
- Repeat exercise for a set of 8.
- Do keep your back straight.
- Continue to breathe.
- Do move your arms slowly.