Muscles Used: Trapezius (Upper Shoulder), Deltoid (Shoulder), Rhomboids (Upper Back)
Equipment Needed: Weights
- Stand up straight, with knees slightly bent.
- Place feet hip distance apart.
- Make sure toes are pointing forward.
- Keep shoulders even as you complete this exercise.
- Hold weights at shoulder height with palms facing forward (starting position). (seephoto A)
- Exhale (breathe out) as you slowly and evenly lift both arms upright past ears, above head, to a full arm extension. (see photo B)
- Inhale (breathe in) as you evenly and slowly lower both arms down to starting position.
- Repeat exercise for a set of 8.
- Do keep your back straight.
- Continue to breathe.
- Do move your arms slowly.
- Do move your dominant arm (your right arm if you are right handed and left arm if you are left handed) at the same pace as your non-dominant arm.
- Do keep your shoulders even with each other.