Muscles Used: Triceps (Mid Posterior Arm)
Equipment Needed: Weights
- Stand up straight, with knees slightly bent.
- Place feet hip distance apart.
- Make sure toes are pointing forward.
- Keep shoulders even as you complete this exercise.
- Place your left arm on your left thigh for support. Hold weight in right hand, workingright triceps muscle. Bend arm at elbow, lift elbow back, and hold weight next to shoulder and your underarm. (see photo A)
- Exhale (breathe out) as you slowly and evenly extend forearm behind your body, moving from the elbow joint so that arm is now straight (ending position). (see photo B)
- Inhale (breathe in) as you evenly and slowly bring your forearm back to starting position. Remember to squeeze your triceps muscle, instead of letting gravity do the work.
- Repeat exercise for a set of 8.
- Repeat entire sequence on your left arm, steps 1-7 (working left triceps muscle).
- Do keep your back straight.
- Continue to breathe.
- Do move your arms slowly without swinging them.
- Do keep your exercising elbow close to your side.